Please read below to see if you need a work permit. If you do then please gather all documentation listed below and call 608-592-3851 and set up an appointment. (Please note with the COVID19 the staff in our office is limited.)
Work Permit Requirements for Employment of Minors
• A work permit is required before anyone under the age of 16 is allowed to work in any job with
the exception of agriculture or domestic service work.
• Employers must have a work permit on file for the minor being employed before they may
allow the minor to begin work.
How to Obtain a Work Permit:
To obtain a work permit, either the minor alone or the minor and a parent must visit the permit officer, taking with them:
• the minor's birth certificate or other proof of age,
• the minor's social security card
• letter from the employer expressing intent to hire, on employer's regular letterhead,
o job duties,
o hours of work,
• a written parents consent
• a $10.00 permit fee
Proof of Minor's Age
We may accept either a duly attested birth certificate, a verified baptismal certificate, or a driver’s license or photo ID card issued by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.