Work Permits

Please read below to see if you need a work permit. If you do then please gather all documentation listed below. Bring your documentation to either the the High School Office, Middle School Office or the District Office to obtain your work permit.

Work Permit Requirements for Employment of Minors
         •    A work permit is required before anyone under the age of 16 is allowed to work in any job with
             the exception of agriculture or domestic service work.
         •    Employers must have a work permit on file for the minor being employed before they may
              allow the minor to begin work.

How to Obtain a Work Permit:
To obtain a work permit, either the minor alone or the minor and a parent must visit the permit officer, taking with them:
        •    the minor's birth certificate or other proof of age,
        •    the minor's social security card
        •    letter from the employer expressing intent to hire, on employer's regular letterhead,
                           o    job duties,
                           o    hours of work,
        •    a written parents consent
        •    a $10.00 permit fee

Proof of Minor's Age
We may accept either a duly attested birth certificate, a verified baptismal certificate, or a driver’s license or photo ID card issued by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.